APA Sports Physiotherapist and Director
Master of Sports Physiotherapy, Bachelor of Physiotherapy
Scott graduated from the University of South Australia in 2000 and developed an interest in musculoskeletal and sports physiotherapy while working in private practice in the Riverland. He returned to Adelaide in 2005 and gained vast experience in private practice and has continued to update skills and knowledge through professional education courses including kinesio-taping, dry needling, DMA Pilates, Bike Fitting and advanced low back and pelvic pain techniques including Muscle Energies Technique (MET). Scott completed a Master of Sports Physiotherapy through La Trobe University in 2014 and this advanced study has helped him develop his skills in sports injury assessment and management for patient’s benefit.
With a basketball playing background at state league level, he is physio for the Adelaide Lightning basketball team in the womens national league (WNBL). He previously worked part time at the Adelaide Football Club as the Crows SANFL physiotherapist and is head physio for the Goodwood Saints Football Club (SAAFL). He has previously been appointed physiotherapist to numerous state junior basketball teams. Scott has also fulfilled guest lecturing roles to allied health students at the University of South Australia.
Scott needs to stay fit to keep up with his young family, is a keen cyclist/triathlete, junior coach at the Sturt Sabres Basketball Club and member of the Meteors Triathlon Club.
- Titled APA Sports Physiotherapist
- Member Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Member Sports Physiotherapy Australia
- Level 3 APA Sports Physio
- Level 1 DMA Pilates Physio
- Adelaide Lightning Basketball Team Physiotherapist – WNBL
- Goodwood Saints Football Club Head Physiotherapist, Div 1 SAAFL
- Previous Physiotherapist for the Adelaide Football Club – SANFL League team
- Special interest in the treatment of knee and ankle injuries and lower back pain
- Experience in managing running and cycling related injuries, and adolescent conditions
- Personal interest in Ironman triathlon, basketball and football